There is a new love for kitchen appliances, especially those that can multi-task when it comes to cooking with less time than usual. One great example of a must-have versatile kitchen appliance is an instant pot. Most instapot reviews praise this kitchen appliance for its ability to combine an electric pressure cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker and a rice cooker, thus cooking a 6-8 hour meal within an hour.
If you are, still new with the use, this reviews will help you with its use, mistakes to avoid while using it as well as some top recipes for it. Moreover, it highlights some buying tips as well as the best kind of product to buy. Therefore, read and you will be amazed at what a single cooking item can achieve in the shortest time possible.
What is an Instant Pot?
Looking for a way to cook different meals within an hour of each other, buy a quality pressure cooker. It is a space-saving kitchen appliance that can be used to substitute the work of more than five kitchen appliances.
Depending on its make and model, it can be used as a rice/porridge cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, browning pan/sauté, as well as a warming pot, sterilizer, steam, r and a pressure cooker.
It might seem like a hard-to-use cooking item, due to the various forms of programmable cooking features. However, if you follow its user manual to the exact word from use to wash and maintain, then it can last for some time, no matter how frequent you use it.
Moreover, the best models are designed to cook your food faster and at low energy costs. Besides, it comes in different models, so you can make your pick according to your lifestyle and eating habits. This is because their prices tend to rise with features like safety features and number of food it can handle.
InstaPot Reviews 2018
Are you looking for an ideal instant pot that you can safely use to cook more than 9 meals? Then here is your product with 10 proven safety mechanisms that are designed to ease your mind during cooking. Some of these safety features include temperature monitor, safety lid lock, pressure regulator, and smart detection for leaky lid among others.
This electric pressure cooker cooks food up to 70% faster, with the press of a button. It can be a slow cooker, egg cooker, rice cooker, sterilizer, warm, sauté, pressure cooker as well as a yogurt and cake maker.
Moreover, it is UL Certified and comes with extra cooking accessories like a soup spoon, measuring cup, steam rack with handles, serving spoon as well as recipe booklet.
In relation, this product emits zero steam and contains all the smell. Therefore, no kitchen hazards are bound to happen during its use. Besides, all its components are food grade 304, 18/8 stainless steel.
- Substitutes nine kitchen appliances.
- Energy efficiency can help reduce electricity bills.
- Space-saver and easy to clean.
- Very safe to use.
- Has too many functions that can be frustrating at first.
Why Do We Recommend This?
- User-Friendly Control Panel – It has a large blue LCD display system that makes it easier to program. It also shows you the progress of your food, as it cooks. Besides, you can adjust the settings even when the food is cooking.
- Dual Pressure Setting – You can make use of its high-pressure setting for a fast cook, up to 70% faster, and avoid over-cooking using its low-pressure setting.
- Reliable Safety Mechanism – This electric cooker has 10 safety features that guarantee your safety while cooking. These features also prevent it from damaging. Some include an anti-blockage vent, lid positioning sensor, auto-temperature controller, pressure controller, pressure protection and an electrical current and temperature fuse that cut off power if the internal temperature exceeds the safe limit.
You can use it as a pressure cooker, egg cooker, slow cooker, sauté, cake maker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, sterilizer, warmer and a steamer. Moreover, it features an altitude adjustment system, a cooking indicator as well as a steam release reset button.
In addition, it comes with cooking accessories that maximize its performance. They include a steam rack with handles, measuring cup, soupspoon, and a serving spoon. Besides, it is UL Certified and comes with 11 safety features.
Moreover, it is the latest 3rd generation tech with an embedded microprocessor that monitors its temperature and pressure, adjusts its heating intensity and duration as well as keeps time during cooking. All its food contact areas are food grade 304, 18/8 stainless steel.
- Easy to operate.
- Substitutes ten other kitchen appliances.
- Comes with a convenient user manual and recipe booklet.
- Requires keen orientation before use to avoid recipe malfunction and accidents.
Why Do We Recommend This?
- Quick Release Button – Thisfeature allows you to do both a continuous and pulse steam release manually. Once it turns to a venting position, it will auto-reset to sealing position when you open or close its lid.
- Safety Mechanisms – It comes with 11 safety features you can rely on any time. Some are a quick-release button, smart detection of a leaky lid, auto-temperature control, temperature monitor, safety lid lock, and an anti-blockage vent among others.
- Customizable Programming Panel – You can now cook with precision, by just pressing its control buttons for temperature, pressure, and warmth among others. Likewise, you can monitor the cooking progress as well as adjust its altitudes for an easier cooking process.
You can now cook different dishes within a short time, using this 6-quartz electric pressure pot. Build with the latest technology, its microprocessor is useful when it comes to pressure and temperature monitoring as well as keeping time and adjusting the heating intensity and duration for a well-prepared meal every time.
Moreover, it is made from food grade 304 18/8 stainless steel, with zero chemical coating as well as a 3-ply-bottom for even distribution of heat during cook time. In relation, it traps all the food aroma, nutrients and flavours as it is always fully sealed during cooking time.
It is UL and ULC Certified and comes with 10 proven-to-work safety mechanisms. Some are pressure regulator, temperature monitor, pressure protection, as well as an anti-blockage vent.
- You can use it to cook many dishes.
- Comes with cooking accessories like rice paddle and stainless steam rack, to maximize its performance.
- Has a one-year limited warranty.
- Comes with a delay cook time of up to 24 hours.
- Its handle is a bit fragile.
Why Do We Recommend This?
- Dual Pressure Settings – It can cook food up to 70% faster in its high-pressure settings, reducing the cook time. However, you can also lower its pressure to a low setting to avoid overcooking soft food.
- Adjustable Temperature Setting – It comes with three-temperature settings for the slow cook as well as sauté for thickening, simmering and searing. The temperature settings are less, normal and more.
- 14 Smart Programs – You can now cook your favourite dish with just the press of a button. This is because it features fourteen different smart programs for a slow cook, keeping it warm, for manual and pressure cooking, simmer/sauté, steaming, porridge and multigrain cooking, yogurt making as well as soup, stew/meat, bean/ chili, and poultry cooking.
Moreover, it has 10 built-in smart programs, as well as an auto keep-warm feature and three temperature settings for the slow cooker and sautés.
You can manually set it up to 120 minutes of cook time. In addition, it has loads of safety features that make it hazard-free. Likewise, it is UL and ULC Certified.
It comes with a rice paddle, a stainless steel steam rack, soup spoon, measuring cup, a few recipes and instructions on use as well as cooking timetables. Besides, its bottom is 3-ply stainless steel. It is easy to use, as everything is just a simple press of a button.
- Features delay cook time of up to 24 hours.
- Energy efficient.
- Adjustable temperature setting, less, normal and more.
- The gasket can retain some food aroma even after being washed.
Why Do We Recommend This?
- High-Pressure Settings – You can now cook very healthy food faster. Its high-pressure setting reduces cook time by up to 70%, thus saving loads of energy.
- Safety Features – It comes with ten safety mechanisms that keep you safe and ensure the product lasts longer. Some of these features include smart detection of the leaky lid, pressure regulator, anti-blockage vent, pressure controller and lid-positioning sensor among others.
- Third Generation Technology – This is made from the latest technology that allows it to keep time, monitor temperature and pressure as well as adjust the heat intensity and duration for a well-cooked meal.
How to Use It?
An instant pot can be overwhelming at first, probably due to loads of features and buttons. You can always start small, use it as a rice cooker or pressure cooker as you work your way through the other functions and programs.
Assuming, you have assembled all its detached parts from the inner pot, condensation collector, power cord, lid and other accessories required for the cooking process. Here is how you can use it, but you can also make use of its user manual, as most reviews suggest.
First, you will have to familiarize yourself with your instant pot design. Nonetheless, most come with an inner pot where the food goes and an outer pot that has the control panel for different features and food products.
Besides, it also has a lid that creates an airtight seal, thus creating the pressure, which is to be released in a safe manner. You can do a quick-release where you press a button or handle as directed by the instant pot. You can also use the natural-release method, where you let it cool and release the pressure naturally. A cool wet towel on top of the lid can help speed up the process.
Before, using any pressure cooker for cooking food, you should first learn to boil water. You can add a cup or three in the inner pot, then seal with the lid and let it boil for five minutes. The water will heat and build pressure, which can then be released via quick-release or natural method.
When it comes to cooking, you will just have to select the button for your food be it rice, fish or chicken. These buttons also determine your cook time, for instance, chicken can cook for 8 minutes plus.
Moreover, every review agrees that the steam hole should never face you when releasing pressure. Do not use the quick-release method for cereals or foods with a high amount of liquid/soup, as it can splatter out of the steam valve.
After you are done, you can wash it by following the manufacturer’s directions.
Why Should You Buy?
Power Capacity – This is important as it determines how fast your instant pot can actually cook the food, so the higher the better. Most pots have a watt range of 450-1400, so a 900 watt and above is best suited for daily use, but if it is just on some occasions you can choose one with lower watts.
Pressure Settings – First make sure the model you have selected has a locking lid as well as a steam valve for releasing pressure. You should note that changing pressure often alters the cooking time, so the higher the pressure the faster the cook time. You can find some with even 10 plus pressure settings do not be overwhelmed by it. Just make use of the food recipe as well as the user manual for proper functionality.
Quartz Size – When it comes to size, you can find it in many quartzes. This is its liquid capacity. The most popular is a 6 quartz, ideal for an average kind of family. Besides, most recipes are designed for this size. There is also 8, 16, 18 and 23 quartz for commercial use or big families. You can even get a 4 quartz for a small serving.
Internal Coating – This is the main food contact area, so it is important that the pot has a non-stick pan. However, you have to ensure the quality is high. It should be thicker with a marble appearance for better resistance.
Ease of Cleaning – It should be easy to clean and wipe, so look for the ones with touch control panels as well as few crevices and cracks for minimal food entrapment. Likewise, they should be easy to disassemble and reassemble after cleaning. Consequently, you can check for more online instant pot reviews for the best brand to buy. There are many out there, so make your top five or three pick and then see if it meets your current budget. Nonetheless, it is better to go with an established reputable company for a quality product, no matter the price. This is because some parts often wear out with time, so replacing them should be easy with a reputable manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Question’s
1. Does it actually speed up the cooking process?
Cooking in an electric pressure cooker is always fast but can go unnoticed for some quick to cook food like shrimp and broccoli. However, for most foodstuffs that normally take longer like grains and tender pork, it can be done in less than 90 minutes. Besides, most quality instant pots can reduce cook time with up to 70%.
2. Is there any disadvantage of cooking in it?
This multi-functional kitchen appliance can cook loads of dishes in a short time. You just follow the cooking recipe for the given food, pour it all into its inner pot, and seal for cooking. Nonetheless, there is a big disadvantage to this, as you cannot inspect, taste or adjust the contents of the food while it cooks, you just wait for it to finish.
3. What is the minimum liquid amount needed?
The general rule is to put enough liquid to reach and maintain pressure. Therefore, absorbent food will always require more water for cooking and some to pressurize the pot. However, when cooking, food with loads of moisture, just use less liquid, but the minimum is always a cup nothing less.
4. Why does my food keep burning?
he most common reasons for food burns are insufficient water in the cooking recipe when food is stuck to the bottom during sautéing. A Bad sealing can also make your water to evaporate, thus burning the food, same as using thick liquids like thick cream soups and tomato sauce to bring your pot to pressure.
5. Can I cook frozen food without defrosting?
Yes, you can cook any frozen food without defrosting though it will take some time to pressurize. However, once the pot is under pressure, the cook time is the same. Besides, foods that are frozen in a flat layer usually defrost faster than those in chunks. You can always cut the chunks in small pieces before freezing, for an easier and better cooking process.
6. Why does it take long for the pot to come to pressure?
The amount of time that a pot takes to come to pressure is usually determined by the amount of food in the pot. The fuller it is, the longer it will take to come to pressure. The type of food also affects it pressure time, liquids take longer to pressurize than more dense food.
7. Is it safe to cook in it?
Yes, it is very safe to cook in an electric pressure cooker, as they are user-friendly with loads of safety mechanism to prolong its use and prevent hazards. Besides, most have 10 or more UL and ULC Certified safety features proven to work all the time.
8. What kind of cooking accessories can I use?
You can always use any oven-safe accessories or containers, but stainless steel tends to conduct heat faster, so make use of them. However, you should note that different materials will conduct heat in a different manner, thus affecting cook time. For maximum performance, use the accessories that come with your product.
In conclusion, this review is what you need to get started with this versatile kitchen appliance. You can learn everything you need to know about it here. Besides, it is all credible information, from the buying guides, use, and recipes for different dishes. Therefore, if you are tired of congesting your kitchen with a cake maker, a rice cooker or a slow cooker here is an opportunity to buy one appliance that can do the work of more than seven kitchen appliances. It comes at an affordable rate, depending on the model, function, and brand. The more it can handle different dishes the pricey it will be. Nonetheless, it cooks healthy food faster. Moreover, you can experiment with different recipes on it. So feel free to share this instapot reviews, it might come in handy for a busy/workaholic person who loves to enjoy a home-cooked meal.