This Instant Pot Ground Beef Chili cooked in a pressure cooker has been prepared with green peppers, onions, celery, ground beef and tomatoes. We have garnished the dish with grated cheese and sliced green onions. It is a warm and spicy bowl of chili that would traditionally take half an hour on a stove, but with an Instant Pot the preparation time can be cut down to only 15 minutes. Instant pot is the newest craze in kitchen appliances and they are both safe and easy to use with a number of programmable features. Plus, the time taken to cook a dish is cut down considerably.
You have to saute the ground beef on the Instant Pot until it becomes brown just as you would do on a stove. If you feel your ground beef is frozen, cooking it on an Instant Pot should not be a problem either. In this article, we will share with you not one, but three methods of cooking Ground Beef Chili on an Instant Pot, and it would be equally amazing in taste as it would be when you cook on a stove. So, let’s learn how to cook ground beef chili on an Instant Pot and we are sure by the end of this article, you will get some invaluable lessons on preparing it that nobody else would have told you about.
Ingredients To Preparing Ground Beef Chili In An Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ghee, or cooking fat of choice
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef (85% lean, 15% fat)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
Methods Of Preparing Ground Beef Chili In An Instant Pot
- Press the saute function on your Instant Pot and wait till the ground beef turns brown.
- Add the ideal amount of chili to add the right amount of spice to the recipe.
- Do not forget to add oil to it just as you would cook on a stove.
- Do not add all of the ground beef in the pot but do it per pound after every 7-6 minutes.
Not a lot of people use their Instant Pot if they are wanting to saunt the beef as it can even be done on the stove, but preparing it on an instant pot will not hamper the dish either.
In the second method, you have to steam the ground beef which will result in a tenderly cooked beef. Follow the procedures below to ace this method:
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and then place it in the trivet that accompanied your instant pot.
- Put 1-2 pounds of ground beef and your preferred amount of chili on the trivet and seal the pot closed with the vent closed.
- Adjust it to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes.
- Do a quick release and be careful not to get hurt by the emanating steam.
- Measure the temperature using a clean meat thermometer to see if it’s at least 160 degrees. If it’s not yet there, seal again and let it cook for extra 2-3 minutes.
- After the meat has cooked, remove it from the instant pot, break up and use as you would do for any ground beef chili recipe.
- Extract all liquid and fat that drained off the beef from the instant pot base.
Now, in this case, you want to make ground beef chili.
- Well, simply put your ingredients, i.e. chilling into the instant pot together with your meat and cook just like you would do with any chili in your instant pot.
- Your ground beef will cook amazingly in the sauce.
- Once the cooking process is ended, the meat will need to be broken up having flavored stew as it cooks.
However, this method is not the perfect method to use with fat ground beef since the fat will render directly into the sauce, which might cause your sauce to become greasy.
It’s undeniable that most folks are overly opinionated about what do/don’t work in a hearty bowl of ground beef chili. Irrespective of what you think qualifies for the same, this is a great dish for a perfect family lunch or dinner. It’s very cheap to make, accentuated with real flavors – if you make it with an instant pot, it undoubtedly keeps your kitchen relatively cool.