Beef Stroganoff is a Russian dish that is sauteed with beef and is served along with sour cream. It has been a 19th century dish that has gained popularity all around the world over the course of time. It is a wholesome meal that also comes with rice and can also be served along with egg noodles. In this article we will share with you the easiest trick to preparing beef stroganoff in an Instant Pot.
Basics to preparing beef stroganoff
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time required: 60 minutes
- Calories per serving: 536 calories
Ingredients required to cook beef stroganoff in an Instant Pot
- ½ of a diced onion
- 1 tablespoon full of canola oil
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 pounds of beef (cut into cubes)
- 1 teaspoon of grounded black pepper
- 3 minced clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoon full of flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 packet of egg noodles
- ¾ cup of sour cream
Recipe to cook beef stroganoff in Instant Pot
- Select the Saute function of your Instant Pot and heat the oil for about a minute.
- Add onions and salt and stir it until the onions soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix the beef with salt and grounded black pepper and then add it to the pot.
- Now cook the beef and onions together until they become brown and is evenly cooked for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once they become brown add thyme and garlic to it and pour the soy sauce over it and let the fragrance come out.
- Add the mushrooms to the mix and stir it with the flour as well.
- You can pour the chicken broth now and the remaining salt in it and then clock and close the lid of the pot well.
- Set the timer at 10 minutes and the pressure should also be high for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once this is done, release the pressure carefully with the help of the quick release method on the pot.
- Now open the pot and add the widened egg noodles in it. Now again close and lock the lid and set the pressure high again for about 5 minutes and then let it cook.
- Now slowly remove the pressure with the help of the quick release method and let it be that way for about 5 minutes.
- You can now open the pot and then stir the sour cream in it.
Your beef stroganoff is ready to be served! You can also add mashed potatoes and some sauteed vegetables along with it.