Chicken drumsticks are an ideal dish to be had during lunch or dinner. It might seem like a huge task to cook chicken drumsticks but we will make that easy for you as we share with you the recipe for making chicken drumsticks in this article. Chicken drumstick is an American recipe which takes about 15-30 minutes to be cooked with an Instant Pot.
Here are the basics of chicken drumsticks that you need to know before we go ahead with the recipe:
- Course: Dinner or lunch
- Cuisine: South American
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- Time to prepare: 15-30 minutes
- Dressing time: 3-4 minutes
- Cooking method: Pressure cooking
What ingredients are required to cook chicken drumsticks?
- 6-10 pieces of chicken leg pieces
- ¼ cup of sweet paprika
- 4 ½ teaspoons of black pepper (freshly grounded)
- 1 full tablespoon of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of celery salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dry mustard
- 1 ½ of dry mustard
- 1 ½ of ground cumin
How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks in an Instant Pot
Here is the recipe for cooking chicken drumsticks in an Instant Pot and all you need is 15-30 minutes to cook and another 5 minutes for dressing and preparing it. This American dish is ideal to be have had in lunch and dinner with your family or colleagues. Follow the instructions given below to prepare lip-smacking chicken drumsticks for yourself and your dear ones.
- Put about a ¾ cup of water in the Instant Pot and add the trivet inside it.
- Carefully place every piece of the chicken legs over the trivet.
- Once all the chicken pieces have been placed, tightly close the lid of the pot and also don’t forget to close the vent.
- Press the Poultry button on the Instant Pot and depending on the number of pieces you have cooked set the time somewhere between 20-25 minutes.
- Switch on the oven and preheat the oven to broil. Once it is preheated, place a cookie sheet with parchment paper inside it.
- Once the timer goes off, release the pressure out of the pot naturally by opening the lid of the machine.
- Take the drumsticks out of it one piece at a time.
- Now apply BBQ coats over the drumsticks evenly on all sides.
- Put the chicken drumsticks over the lined up cookie sheet. Set the drumsticks to broil in the oven for 2 minutes on each side or until the skin of the chicken pieces turns brown. However, ensure that you do not burn the pieces.
- Your chicken drumsticks are now ready to be served. You could also grill some vegetables along with it or make a sauce to add to the taste.