Risotto is a kind of Italian dish that is made by cooking rice in a broth to create a creamy base. The broth could come from meat, vegetables, or fish. The most popular types of risottos consist of parmesan cheese, butter, onion, and white wine as the essential ingredients in it. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy, especially in Southern Italy. In this article we share with you the recipe to cooking creamy risotto with softened mushrooms and sprinkles of cheese over it, exactly like the way it is made in your favourite restaurants with the help of an Instant Pot.
Risotto can be a labor intensive dish that might take quite a lot of your time and effort but if you make risotto in an Instant Pot it can be simple and quick. Not kidding, you might probably start cooking risotto more often hereafter.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of Arborio rice
- ¾ cup of white wine
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- Salt and black pepper (grounded) for taste
- ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of diced mushrooms
- 1 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1 sprig of rosemary
How to Cook Mushroom Recipe in an Instant Pot?
- To begin with, select the Saute function of your Instant Pot.
- Add ¼ cup of unsalted butter and ¼ cup of olive oil and stir it until the butter melts well, in about 2 minutes.
- Now add 3 cups of diced mushrooms to it and cook well with occasional stirring until the mushrooms soften in about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to it and stir it for about 2 minutes and then add the sprig of rosemary to it and cook it for a minute.
- Close and lock the lid of the pot once the ingredients have been cooked well. Now turn the vent knob to seal it.
- Put the pot on high pressure and set the timer for about 6-7 minutes. Allow at least 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build up.
- Keep tapping the venting knob with a spoon or spatula for a couple of time.
- Turn the knob in a way that it points to the Vent. Now slowly remove the lid so that the pressure created is also released, and keep it that way for about 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir the risotto until it creates a creamy texture.
- Add some salt and pepper according to taste. Add ½ cup of parmesan cheese to it until the cheese melts with the risotto
Your mushroom risotto is ready to be served now! You could even replace vegetable stock with chicken stock if you want.