Preparing cheesecake in an Instant Pot is a lot easier than you can think of! You first need to create a base of a buttery graham cracker crust and then top it up with smooth cheese cream mixture and then cook it for about 45-50 minutes. Cheesecakes are usually about 6-inches and is a great dessert for dinner parties or for carrying it along in your vacations or family outings.
How to Prepare the Crust of a Cheesecake Before Heating
- Crush the cookies in any food processor until they are uniformly and finely grounded.
- Once it is uniformly grounded, mix the crumbs with butter.
- Now pat the mixture with your hands on the bottom of the pan. Make sure the crust is at least ¼ inch thick.
- Now bake the crust until it gets a shade darker, for about 10 minutes. If you bake the crust it will not get soggy.
- Post this, let the crust cool completely.
- Before you make the batter, make sure you brush the pan with butter to avoid the crust from sticking to the pan.
When you are making instant cheesecake in an Instant Pot it means you do not need a hot water bath every twenty minutes for your cheesecake to be ready and to ensure that there are no cracks in the cake.
How to Make the Cheesecake Batter
Eggs add silken texture to your cheesecake. The main idea is to make the batter for cheesecake in a way that it is lump-free without having to whip too many eggs.
- Let the ingredients of the batter stand at room temperature for about half an hour in order to make the cheese cream softer, the eggs warmer and then combine them.
- Beat the cheese cream in a mixer until it becomes smooth, light and fluffy.
- Add sugar to the mix and beat it well again.
- Now add one egg at a time to the mix and then gently mix them until it creates a smooth batter.
Put the batter over the crust once the crust cools completely and is also crack free.
Perfecting Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Crust: We already told you how to make the crust for a cheesecake. You could either bake it or put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Crack free cheesecake: Do not put any extra pressure. Just let the instant pot release the pressure naturally for about 10 minutes, for your cheesecake to remain crack free.
- Pan and rack: Making cheesecake is even in case of both 6 inch as well as 7 inch springform pan. You will also require a steamer rack which comes with the Instant Pot only. You have to add water to the base and then place the rack on the top to cook the cheesecake under the pressure.
Your New York cheesecake is ready to be served! You could add flavours to the batter as well or top the cheesecake with fruits for additional taste.