A lot of people prefer baking spaghetti squash in slices and not as a whole because it can be cooked faster and the seeds can easily be scraped out. We prefer the same! Imagine cooking an entire squash and later scraping the seeds out after it is cooked making it lose the goodness of the cooked squash in the process. In this article, we share with you the entire process of cooking spaghetti squash in an Instant Pot.
Ingredients For Preparing Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1, 2-pound Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Cup of Water
- Instant Pot
- Steamer Basket/metal Trivet
- Paring Knife
Instructions For Preparing Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- You will first, have to piece the squash 12 times, about ½-inch vents for steam to penetrate through.
- Add water to cooker insert and set the metal trivet or steamer basket inside.
- After which, put the squash in the insert and seal, then cook for 15 minutes on high pressure
- When 15 minutes are up, release the pressure, use instant pressure release. Then open it and remove the squash from the cooking pot.
- Let the squash cool for about 10 minutes then halve it and shred it with a fork, removing all the seeds.
- You can store any leftover squash in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to five days.
How should you cut spaghetti squash?
Make use of a sharp knife to make an equal length of slices of the hard squash. In case your knife gets stuck in the hard shell of the squash, try lifting the squash with the handle of the knife and then hit back on the cutting board. You can then split the shell in halves if you pull the halves with your hands.
What is the taste of spaghetti squash like?
Compared to most other vegetables, the taste of spaghetti squash is rather bland. It does have a mild flavour so you can enjoy it with a tart sauce or with some seasonings. It is not much starchy and a lot hydrating just like a butternut.
For how long can you store spaghetti squash?
If the squash is uncooked, you can store it for a couple of months in a cool location. However, if you have cooked it, you can still store it in the fridge for a little more than a week for good results. When you store a cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge, it becomes slightly moister which isn’t that bad either.
Spaghetti squash can be a great side dish that can be enjoyed with a pasta or can also be a great substitute for potato wedges as well.
Can you cook a whole spaghetti squash in an instant pot?
Yes, you can cook a whole spaghetti squash in an Instant Pot. All you need to do is pierce the squash with a knife and thereafter just place the pierced squash on the trivet and add a cup of water to the pot. You have to now cook this squash in high pressure for about 15-20 minutes. The release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes through the valve. Post this you can use heatproof oven mitts to remove the squash. Once the squash cools down, slice it in halves and remove the seeds from inside it with a spoon.