Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad is a summer favourite all over the world and you can cook it in no time, nothing more than 10-15 minutes. Most of the ingredients in it are typically served raw such as crunchy beans sprouts, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots and other herbs to make a traditionally delicious Vietnamese dish. You might require a thin sauce in it which could either be salty, sweet, sour, or spicy or even a mix of all for flavour. You could also combine fish sauce with it, or lime juice, sugar and chilli in it with a little bit of water.
There is no end to experimenting with the flavour of Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad. If cooked well, with whatever ingredients you put in it, it will taste delicious! Usually the kind of dipping sauce you use with your appetizers can be used as the dressing for Vietnamese noodle salad. You can even slice thin serranos and have it for dressing later on.
Basics to Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
- Preparation time required: 15 minutes
- Ready in: 15 minutes
- Total time required: 35 minutes approximately
- Calories per serving: 432 calories
Ingredients required in preparing Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
- 1 cup of chopped cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic
- ½ jalapeno pepper (grounded and seeded)
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 pack of dried rice noodles
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber (chopped)
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh mint
- 4 leaves of napa cabbage
- ¼ cup of unsalted peanuts
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
Recipe to preparing Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
- To begin with, first soak the rice noodles in a large bowl in cold water for about 15 minutes until the noodles begin to soften out.
- Mix the clove garlic with the chopped cilantro and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Add lime juice, fish sauce, and salt and sugar (for taste) to the above mix and stir it well.
- Now let the sauce sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Now pour salted water in the Instant Pot and let it boil.
- After about 5 minutes of the water boiling, add rice noodles to it and let it boil for about 2 minutes.
- Now drain the water out and rinse the noodles with cold water until they have softened further and cooled evenly.
- Now combine all the ingredients together comprising of the sauce, rice noodles, carrots, cucumbers, mint, napa cabbage in a serving bowl.
- Mix them well, toss them together and you can even serve it along with salads or even gravy and garnish it with peanuts, mint sprigs, chopped coriander or even chopped green chilies.
In case you feel it is too bland for your taste, you can even add boiled chicken or pork along with it and add some more spices with it to give the right added flavour. Chicken breasts or roasted chicken along with rice noodles is globally favoured by people. But if you are adding chicken to it, ensure that you boil the chicken for good enough 25-30 minutes and later pour some dressing over it to give it good flavour. Thereafter put it aside to refrigerate until your noodle salad is ready to be served!